Get Help With Your Essay
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
Your district has an increasing enrollment of students with ASD. Currently the caseload for these students is handled by special education teachers. Your principal has learned about your current educational studies at GCU and would like you to develop a proposal that informs leadership about the need for an ASD intervention specialist.
To address the request of the principal, draft a 1,500-1,750 word proposal to present to the school board. Include:
• An introductory summary of the growing population of students with ASD (K-12) within the district and state.
• How the political landscape has shifted historically in addressing the needs of K-12 students with ASD, affecting current evidence-based practices.
• Evidence-based practices and relevant laws to advocate for programs that model professional expectations and ethical practices to create a supportive environment intended to improve outcomes for students with ASD and their families.
• How an ASD intervention specialist position will mentor and coach special education and general education teachers to apply knowledge of theories, supports, and services for individuals with ASD.
• A staff position description for the ASD intervention specialist who will mentor and coach special education and general education teachers on issues related to serving students with ASD. The staff position description should be consistent with the Council for Exceptional Children Draft Advanced Special Education Developmental Disability in Autism Specialist set of knowledge and skill standards.
• Two measurable outcomes and an evaluation process to evaluate the effectiveness of the new position and the effect of the new program.
Cite a minimum of three scholarly resources within your presentation.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies [and professional standards]:
MA in Autism Spectrum Disorders
COE C 3.1:
ASD specialist candidates design and implement evaluation activities to improve programs, supports, and services for individuals with disabilities.
COE C 3.3:
ASD specialist candidates apply knowledge of theories, evidence-based practices, and relevant laws to advocate for programs, supports, and services for individuals with disabilities.
COE C 4.6:
ASD specialist candidates use a comprehensive understanding of the history of special education, legal policies, ethical standards, and emerging issues to inform special education specialist leadership.
ASD specialist candidates model high professional expectations and ethical practice, and create supportive environments that safeguard the legal rights and improve outcomes for individuals with disabilities and their families. [(CEC 6.])
Accurate, comprehensive introductory summary of the growing population of students with ASD (K-12) within the district and state is presented, detailing the history of special education and aligning ethical standards. Detailed, thorough description of the political landscape shift addressing the needs of K-12 students with ASD and how it has affected current best practices, including legal policies and emerging issues is provided.
Summary provides applicable, authentic evidence based practices and relevant laws to advocate for programs that model professional expectations and ethical practices to create a supportive environment intended to improve outcomes for individuals with ASD and their families.
ASD Intervention Specialist staff position description comprehensively and professionally describes coaching role for special and general education teachers on the theories, supports and services related to serving students with ASD. Description accurately and appropriately incorporates knowledge and skill set for the advanced ASD standards.
Summary of evaluation processes and outcomes are greatly detailed, outlining design and implementation of evaluation activities to improve programs, supports, and services for individuals with exceptionalities.
Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
In-text citations and a reference page are complete and correct. The documentation of cited sources is free of error.